Planning For Your Alabama Family's Financial Security

Drafting a solid estate plan can greatly benefit those who survive you. Should you become incapacitated in advance of your passing, plans for your long-term care will have been established. Later, loved ones left behind can handle your estate and divide your assets according to your explicitly stated wishes.

Unfortunately, not everyone does the proactive thing — drafting a will or setting up a trust. If you have questions about any facet of living wills, living trusts or the process for estate administration after a loved one's death, get the answers you need by talking to an experienced estate and probate attorney.

At James M. Burns & Associates, Attorneys at Law, our knowledgeable lawyers handle a wide range of estate, probate and family matters, and can guide you to your estate planning goals.

Careful Guidance Throughout The Probate Process

With more than 20 years of experience to draw from, our attorneys prepare and execute estate documents for residents of Foley, Mobile and surrounding areas. We closely coordinate with executors, trustees and beneficiaries to respect your loved one's specific wishes for a smooth transfer of assets and property.

Our lawyers can be of service with all aspects of the Alabama probate process, such as:

  • Filing of notification documents
  • Obtaining of court approval as executor
  • Payment of estate taxes
  • Clearing up of any remaining debts
  • Distribution of assets to beneficiaries
  • Resolving will contests

We provide quality legal services to clients whether or not a will or estate plan exists. In cases where valuation and division of a family-owned business are involved, we work to provide mediated and litigated outcomes you can live with.

Contact Us For Comprehensive Estate Representation

In addition to helping you to navigate through the inner workings of probate court, our versatile law firm offers advocacy for a range of divorce and child access disputes.

Call 251-272-3212 for answers to your probate concerns. Or email James M. Burns & Associates, Attorneys at Law.